The blog about nothing

Saturday, February 25, 2006

To continue....

I don’t know being what age does it for people, but being what I am right now has done it for me. Or maybe this is happening just to me and has never happened to anyone else. I don’t even quite realise how it happened. Was it building up over a period of time or was it just a moment of sudden realisation? I am not too sure. All I do know is that I feel like life is passing me by and am doing precious little with it.

If I don’t watch out I will never even come close to doing those million things-big and small- that I figured I would do (or in some cases try to do) at some point of time in my life……… write a book, visit Italy, be on a reality TV show, skydive, learn to drive, win the Nobel prize………even as I figured that I had all the time in the universe..... I was in no hurry. I could start tomorrow. So, I just put my feet up and watched a rerun of “Friends”, probably for the 73rd time.

But, now it all feels so wrong. I know that I can’t afford to behave like that any more. It, for some reason, feels very now or never when it comes to all of life’s ambitions. I have got to do something about my life…… I have got to make every moment count…. and I feel this very strongly.

Suddenly, I am questioning every single action of mine. Should I really be shopping? Should I be participating in quizzes that I have no reasonable chance of winning? Should I be writing a blog that is read by three people? Could I not be doing something better with my time? Something more “meaningful”? The only problem is that, often, I am not too sure what this “better” way of spending my time is.

Sometimes I just feel paralysed by all the thinking and so completely spent that I can hardly do anything. At the end of the day, I would have done absolutely nothing- not even watched reruns-and just just given myself furious headaches, raging insomnia and pushed myself into hopeless depression. But, somehow this misery feels like the first step to doing something meaningful in life. I just have to figure out what that means....

6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Should I be writing a blog that is read by three people?"

- u can add one more to the list:)
you write well. Could relate to some of the stuff you've written.

Do hope you find your purpose in life:)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sureindran said...

Truly enjoyed this blog. Good job! Keep writing...

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mia,

I read your blog too but i am too lazy to post a comment....keep up the good work and lets go doing our thing soon.

later,
Shumit

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Rohit Wason said...

well written, Meera. Sommetimes it takes guts of steel to express the subtlest of your feelings. This is one of those. I guess 'exploring self' is something we all have to do once (at least) in our life. But, my guess is it is simple things around us that sometimes answer that quest...

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Rama Ananth said...

I think everybody goes through these phases of life when we wonder what are we really upto, and what we should be doing .
You might have already found an answer by now . Well all the best .

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

what it means is do what your heart says. I have been through the same so i am sure you can work it out.

prioritise and when the chips are down just put ur head down and work :)

as for blog read by 3 ppl dont worry write for the joy of writing. somehow ppl will relate to what you wrote "Just Like I Did"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home