The blog about nothing

Monday, May 30, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday, I got a treat, some nice flash animated e-cards, some cash and some nifty gifts including a swell diamond bracelet from my mother. But, I kept thinking about the person that forgot. Even if that is what I did expect from said person. To be fair, I had been told not to expect any remembrance. So, I should not have. It was wrong and stupid. Still, I did think of the possibility……….people change their minds. But, it did not happen this time. And I had just wasted my time on a really nice birthday.

Strange are the workings of the human mind. Why would any sensible person think about something that she knows will not happen instead of enjoying what was. But, there I was doing just that and I know that I won’t even have learnt a lesson from it. This will happen again. And the only thing that I would have got out of it is a post for the day.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger sumandatta said...

happy b'day!
well meera there might be a whole other side to the story...hear mine...
- 2 weeks back was her b'day.and i remembered.and i felt like calling(i havnt failed to wish her ever in 3 years!).and i didn't.we had "decided" to break off and never hav any contact...and i was "honouring" tht decision.
needless to say i spent a miserable day tht day...and i know this will happen every year.

PS:
and all i got outta it is a comment :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home