The blog about nothing

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Viva Google

I have suspected this all along. And it is true. The answer to all of life’s questions and problems lies in a Google search.

I have had a recurring dream for several years. It takes many torturous forms but it basically boils down to not being able to prepare for an exam, missing an exam that I was not able to prepare for, failing to submit an assignment on time because I could not prepare for it. You get the idea. Over a time span of ten years myriad bizarre reasons have prevented me from preparing for this key exam. And it is so annoying every single time I have it. The strange part to me was that never have I been unprepared for any exam ever. Underprepared may be but never unprepared. I was also not even a student during all of the time that I have had this recurring dream.

I was curious to know more about this and I was sure there would any amount of sites with information on the subject of recurring dreams. But, I did not expect pronto to be lead to an explanation for the “unprepared for the exam” one. I also did not expect that I would like what I read, which was the following.“Interestingly, the person who has this dream is almost always someone who would never let themselves attend a test unprepared. That is why it can be so puzzling: you are the last person who would forget to do your homework. This dream recurs for people who have a tendency to take on too much and then judge themselves quite harshly for not measuring up to a pretty tough standard. It is most common to people with a strong track record of achievements who drive themselves somewhat hard.”

I was glad not to be told that I had a major problem that would require years of therapy. I found the reasoning behind the dream satisfying and comforting. May be I will be a lot less vexed when I next have this dream. The next time something is bothering me I know what I have to do. A google search!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home