The blog about nothing

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Who will win at the Oscars?

I could go on for at least 36 more posts on “what do I blog?……………” But, enough of that for the nonce. Although I have a feeling I will be back to it soon. However, I do have variations on that theme. Like, why do I blog? A fairly important question meriting a few posts. Now, I have a real post for a change.

We have to discuss the Oscars. We are big fans of the films. Actually, I don’t quite watch movies as read the reviews. I am big fan of film criticism. Once I am done with NY times, salon and the Roger Eberts and Anthony Lanes, I know so much about a film that I don’t quite feel the need to actually go and see it. But, I do know my movies and we have to discuss the Oscars.

G: Stephen Holden thinks MDB will win!! He prefers Sideways though
M: I am inclined to think MDB, Jamie Foxx, Swank
M: And maybe Scorcese not Eastwood though.
G: God, not MDB.
M: you would prefer aviator?
G: It's better than MDB, for sure.
M: Not that I have seen any thing. I am just taking averages from globes , Sag, bafta and what not
G: At 72, CE has an eight year old daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M: what's surprising?
G: How weird would it be for you to be eight and your dad to be 72?!?!?
M: Enrique Iglesisas’ grandpa is to be a father at 89!!!!!!
G: Just as weird, just as weird.
M: So, what do you think?
M: about Oscars and not old age parenting
G Don’t know about Best Pic.
G: MS for director, JF for actor, IS for actress...although I'm less sure about the last.
M: I am inclined to think HS definitely. Just try elimination. The other performances just did not get as much attention. Although Imelda got best actress at Cannes.

I have to add that my friend has seen all the movies bandied about in the conversation. So, if you are going to place any bets, look at his picks. But, it does look like you can put your shirt on Jamie Foxx.

MDB-Million dollar baby
MS- Martin Scorcese
JF-Jamie Foxx
HS-Hillary Swank
IS-Imelda Staunton

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Nikhil said...

Oscars is not at all a bad topic to start your blog with, but still feel missed 36 other blogs an why should you blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home