The blog about nothing

Monday, February 21, 2005

What do I blog?............

I have been contemplating this blog thing for quite a while and almost always I have been concerned about being able to post quality material on it. Of course, not that it is going read by any one other than me. I won’t seek to give it any publicity and what are the odds of someone typing http://Meerakrishnaswamy.blogspot.com by design or by accident in an attempt to reach something else. But, if there is material authored by me lying out there that can be read by any one, I want it to be ripe stuff. And being fully cognizant that I cannot do that, I have refrained.

Anyway, I mentioned the latest bright idea to my friend and you might wonder why I keep running my ideas by him and to be quite frank, so do I. I should figure that out one day but in the meanwhile he said…….
G: Rooted firmly in reality, I see
G: Yeah, I think we are going to shoot this down too, more's the pity.
M: c’mon mate. why?
G: ... the blog is supposed to be more about what you think and so on...so even if you do use our conversations as a starting point to get a topic, everything on it should really be about you and not about me at all.
M: It won't be about you at all
M: It is just a device really
G: Hmmm, true, yes. But all I'm saying is - don't make the device JUST our conversations. there's so much else out there to think about and write about that we don't discuss...so it seems silly to limit yourself at the outset to just this.
M: point is we do discuss a lot of things and bigger point is what you have really missed
G: Bigger point is what?
M: I am lazy!!
M: This I can do fast and it might be interesting.
G: Okay, in which case, forge right ahead.
I was somewhat surprised to get a yes with so little work. This was an unexpected development. When I first thought of the idea, it was merely a lighthearted repartee to his query about when I was going to start blogging. But, by now the idea is beginning to appeal to me…………….reality blogging….I could be on to some thing.

Now, I also had the approval to work on it although it came with the admonishment “I also want to know what you think about stuff we DON'T chat about, post about other stuff as well”. I agreed to spew my 2 cents on pop culture for what it is worth ……….and now I actually have to do something.

I do not know if I can post any “quality” material or not. But, one thing is quite clear to me. I do have a flair for writing endlessly about “nothing”!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home